With Halloween just around the corner I thought it was the perfect time to discuss what design monstrosities are lurking in the dark. There are certain constraints and occurrences that almost every designer can relate to…BEHOLD THE HORROR!
- Illustrator crashing and causing you to lose half your work because you forgot to cmd + s!
- That little rainbow wheel of death appears because you’re running 2 programs at once but that’s too much for the machine to cope with!
- When the screen goes white and it looks like your computer is possessed.
- Basically anything crashing.
A Nightmare on Stock Image Sites
- You’ve typed ‘business people in a breakout group’ into a stock image website, and it still brings up ridiculously irrelevant twoddle, like a woman laughing manically at some salad, and wearing nothing but the salad…
Dawn of the Deadlines
- “What’s the deadline for this?” “Last week.”
- You’re on the 100th amend and just about ready to implode when the decision is made to go with the original design.
- You start a spontaneous conga line in the studio because the design got signed off on the first version.
The Terror…of Backseat Designers
- “Make it look like this but different.”
- “Can you design it in Word?”
- “You use Photoshop don’t you? Can you make me look like David Beckham?”
- “ I think we should make the logo bigger, and the image, and the copy…”
- “Do something like Nike’s new campaign, my budget is £15.”
Happy Halloween everybody, try not have any design nightmares!
Written by Vicky